Thursday, April 21, 2011

Adventures in bonding

Well, I'm impatient. And Herbert seems so blue that I want to get him loved-up sooner rather than later... but Angie (my bunny maven) thinks it's a little too early to bond Herbert...he's still grieving. Which makes sense...he's definitely the aggressor during the bonding sessions. Maybe he's just not ready.

I've done a couple meet and greets in my downstairs bathroom. I put them in the tub and tricked her in to licking him by rubbing her ears--a trick I was taught by my friend Jon. He enjoyed being licked (herbert, not jon) but I don't think either of them were fooled. She spent the rest of the time trying to FLING herself out of the tub. When she succeeded I found myself with a chest full 'o bun, and decided it was time to move out of the tub and onto the floor.

So, it's been going. See?
Fear and loafing.

Parallelobuns

Post-flop. Yes, he flopped!

Poor Herbert. In Jail. I put him in a pen connected with hers overnight. But he got sprung this morning.

Anyways, I'm going to give him a break and talk to Angie. I'm just so excited to have them together (herbert and babette, not angie and babette). She is a peach (as long as we're being clear, I'm referring here to Babette--tho it's also true that Angie is a peach). She (Babette) just wants to lay next to me and get pets. And she totally wants to get to know Herbert better. She's just a little headshy, with good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment